TOTAL LUBRICATION MANAGEMENT on single window operations is an outsourced model, being adopted by industries, as industry has felt the importance of Lubrication Management in their Mechanical Maintenance Programme, which leads to Machinery Health Management.
Total Lubrication Management on single window operation is adopted by Global Technical Services, (GTS) where GTS provides trained man-power and all Lubrication Equipment including a site oil testing laboratory to do the activity by their own trained technicians.
At present, GTS is providing Total Lubrication Management on a single window basis with all major Multi-national Cement Companies working in India, such as Lafarge, HOLCIM and several other cement plants and mining industries.
Total Lubrication Management (TLM)
Knowledge of lubricants and management of lubrication is a subject that a majority of oil users do not appreciate.
- They are aware that plant, equipment and machinery cannot run without lubrication. However little importance is attached either to know about lubricants or to practice a scientific lubrication system.
- If machine downtime has to be reduced and overall cost reduction is to be achieved, knowledge of lubricants and lubrication is a must.
- The hidden costs of down time and maintenance which escape attention have to be identified and eliminated or reduced.
- It is here that the Total Lubrication Management concept of Global Technical Services - steps in order to assist industries.
- Conducting a diagnostic study in each and every department of the plant to study the Lubrication Management practices currently being adopted.
- Identifying areas of improvement from the point of view of enhancing the lubricant service life and equipment life by condition monitoring of lubricants.
- Study current lubrication practices, leakages and wastages.
- Submit a diagnostic study report with: 1. Observations - impact and 2. Recommendations – benefits.
- Review of a diagnostic study report with the management.
- Seek management approval and develop an implementation plan on the time frame.
- Assisting management in launching the total war on leakage and wastage.
- Introducing scientific lubrication practices, indenting, receipt, storage, handling and dispensing systems.
- Introducing colour - coding systems and dust free containers for different lubricants to ensure that even illiterate operators can be easily guided to use correct lubricants for specific equipments.
- Assisting management in establishing in-house lubricants condition monitoring laboratory and systems to arrive at correct lube oil rejection limits. (Extend life of lubricants in machines / equipment.)
- Offering technical advice and assistance in installing and operating used oil filtration systems specially designed by global technical services (globetech filters) and offering guidelines for alternate use for such regenerated oils within the plant. This leads to direct lube oil conservation.
- Assisting management in creating awareness by training, awareness programmes and highlighting importance of TLM at different levels in the organization / plant.
- Conducting job - oriented training sessions at the level of operators actually handling lubrication, supervisors and managers. Organize TLM week to create awareness all around the plant people.
- Motivating workers - suggestion schemes / rewards, etc.
- Studying the possibilities of replacing lubricant grades in use with higher performance level products to prolong equipment life and extend an oil drain period both of which contribute cost effective efforts.
- Assisting management in vendor evaluation, wherever felt necessary by management.
- MID - term review at the end of six months of the MOU.
- Evaluate actual performance and achievements v/s those projected - in MOU / diagnostic study report.
- Take corrective action to achieve targets set by diagnostic study report./ MOU - If required
- Final review at the end of one year of MOU.
- Savings of lube oils
- If required - involvement for future years - Audit etc.